Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Salmon & Swiss Chard Quiche



Yep...I was so hungry I dug into the dish before taking a photo of it. Pardon the gaping hole in the quiche! I bought some Swiss Chard in my goal to eat more cruciferous vegetables...which are full of super food qualities...but also inhibits thyroid function if large quantities are consummed. (Eat lots if you're hyperthyroid; eat lots of iodine-rich foods in addition to these healthy veggies if you're hypothyroid.)

While browsing for Swiss Chard cooking inspiration I came across this quiche recipe. I had some minor modifications....but it was delicious! I ate 1/3 of the quiche.

Salmon (canned)
Swiss Chard
Almond Milk
Onion
Egg
Marble Cheese (I would've wanted feta instead)
S&P

I also found this fantastic quiche crust recipe:

Flour
Salt
Water
Olive Oil

I didn't have a pie dish so I used a casserole dish...which took 20 minutes longer to bake because it was thicker. But the end result...surprisingly yummy. Quiche is also easier to make than I thought! I now have a new place for leftovers to go for a meal transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment