Monday, September 24, 2012

Leftover Makeover : Sushi Fried Rice




I used to hate eating leftover sushi rolls. The rice gets hard and crumbly after a night in the fridge. You're not sure if you're going to have food poisoning from the raw fish (even though you kept everything in the fridge). You hate the thought of throwing it out because it costs so much (especially in Alberta) and it was so good fresh. I used to choke it down the next day and cross my fingers as my G.I. digested it.

Well, no more choking sushi leftovers down!

I roughly chopped the sushi rolls then put everything into a frying pan. Poured a scoop of water and covered it for a few minutes to rehydrate the rice as well as to cook the raw fish, added a pack of take-out soy sauce, fried it a bit longer to heat everything through and voila! A moist and delicious sushi fried rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment